Thursday, March 17, 2005

National Magazine Award Nominees

Well folks the American Society of Magazine Editors has spoken and the Finalists for the 2005 National Magazine Awards have been announced. The New Yorker is well represented, as usual, in many categories. Also, as usual, the ASME folks have passed up My Favorite Publications, Surfer and Found. But what's most exciting to me is that The Paris Review, under the wise leadership of Brigid Hughes, has received a nomination for excellence in magazine fiction writing, and they cite my story "Everyone Else" as one of the reasons. Morning wood.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Jim said...

Nice.

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Antoine! I read your story and have been meaning to write you for months to tell you how much I loved it--we both did. We all did, here in Chicago. Sometimes we get together and talk about it. Really. Me & Chicu & DBQ. It's really, really wonderful, sad & alive. Congratulations. We hope you're well in L.A.. Come visit Chicago? We miss you. xo SuBu.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Antoine said...

Oh I can't even describe how much I miss Subu, Chicu, DBQ, KBQ...and for that matter Savitz, Shea, and whoever else is in that Chi-town cru. Even Spencer. But am I coming to Chicago? I dunno. What's the temp? How's the waves? xoxoxo AW

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Antoine! I wrote you a post and couldn't find you again for, like, three months. I've got to write this address down or something. Anyway. We miss you. (We also have Parker & of course D&KBQ's new baby, Hana, who misses you too). The temp, however, is suck, & the waves are too. But the deep-dish pizza is another story. When are you coming? We'll save you a slice. x SuBu

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home