Thursday, March 03, 2005

It's been almost a month...

since the blogging community lost resident aphorist and occasional sillimanesque ejaculator Aaron McCollough. Here is his final post, with commentary.

Monday, February 07, 2005

Last Broadcast
[Too Short also retired.]

And...like Tost...I'm out.
[Of the toaster.] If you are interested in the question of my merits as a poet [There was a question?], please read my books. [What about your merits as a blogger?] Good or bad, the proof should be there more or less. [The PUDDING] Otherwise, godspeed you. [Don't you mean fuck off?]

I hope you'll check in with GutCult every winter and summer.
[What's GutCult?]

Life
[seriously?], wife [okay], and writing [what will you do with the other 23 hours of the day?] call and call me back to my notebooks[Ooohhh!]...away from the blip. [And professional sports?]

This was an interesting experiment.
[It was all just an experiment?] I'm glad we did this. [Does this mean I have to go now, too? But my loyal reader(s)!]

Coming soon to WOT-WHAT: Edification!

4 Comments:

Blogger Aaron McCollough said...

Um. Do you mean Too $hort retired? As for the one hour of writing I do a day, remember, it includes dissertation writing, so the other 23 hours have to be very focused or I spend 30 minutes writing poetry and end up spending the other 30 googling myself.

Yes. It was only an experiment. It failed. You must also quit.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Edwin P. Clamp & Contributors said...

Twan, or the funniest white man alive, you were my R.A. in the summer of 2001 at the IYWS.

Just wanted to say i love the sight. The baby sitting class is a great pic. Been reading some of your short stories too. Anyhow, blog you later. Cheers.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Eduardo C. Corral said...

Twan? You got to be kidding. Twan!! That's too funny.

I say you submit short stories to journals as Twan. Or at least apply to a couple of fellowships. How do you think I got my fellowships at Iowa? Yep, I turned in an application bearing my nickname: Pepe Papaya.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Antoine said...

I go by Don Toine now. Don Toine de Los Angeles. Y Papaya Tambien.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home