Saturday, February 04, 2006

crappy surf, blogger *doppelganger sighting

So this morning (8:55 am) I'm on my way home from surfing, I've had my coffee and all that, and I'm at Ocean and California, more or less, when I see this guy riding some kind of cruiser bicycle with a basket on the front. It's not a performance bike, and he's not all decked out in spandex, so I take notice. He looks like he's going somewhere, or is on his way home from somewhere. Like he's actually using the bike as transportation. He's wearing a leather jacket, too. Something about him feels familiar. As I pass, I get a quick glimpse. We're pretty sure it was lit-blogger Mark Sarvas. If only I'd had my digital camera. I thought real lit-bloggers didn't go outside. Or live in L.A.

*update: Mark informs us it wasn't him: Nope, that wasn't me. I was out this morning but I don't own a cruiser - was in full racing gear and by nine we were around Redondo already. I didn't even know he rode a bike (!). So it was a doppelganger. I'm dubbing him The Inelegant Variation.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, your blog is cool
i love surf too
please see my blog about suft and i want you to see my beautiful country

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, your blog is cool
i love surf too
please see my blog about suft and i want you to see my beautiful country
please contact indonesia01tour.blogspot.com

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home